We support small individual farmers and grower groups to become involved in the business and to provide income generating opportunities for them. This way we hope to provide communities with sustainable and growing income sources from their own products.
Working with mainly the poor, women, marginalized, and other disadvantaged groups, it is important to us that we break the traditional norm and uplift their livelihood and general attitude towards themselves and others. In addition, again in conjunction with Grow Nepal, we plan to provide:
- Access to health facilities through regular health camps;
- Non-formal education classes for illiterate older people, and
- Knowledge about the negative effect chemical and chemical based products have on people and the planet.
We bare all fees related to organic certifications and trainings for our communities.
Charity Work through Grow Nepal
National Organics, in conjunction with a local non-profit organization, Grow Nepal, provides on-going training on:
- Improved methods of plantation and cultivation;
- Post-harvesting, and
Training is also provided on:
- the importance of education for children;
- the importance of general cleanliness and health, and
- the importance of equality and equity among people.